Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Puppy Vacation

So, after the traumatic experience at the dog show (for both Sydney and myself), I decided to take things easy, and not push the little dog beyond her comfort zone. I needed time to look back and try to figure out what was going on with my dog, and Syd had no real reason to be showing, especially since she's just a puppy.

Add to the mix that my girl, in her usual inconvenient fashion, opted to come in season for the first time just weeks after the September show. That put us off-track since Syd went to stay elsewhere for a couple of weeks at her "girls spa" vacation. For those two weeks, she and I are not working on trust or confidence, or anything else for that matter since she's not even at home.

When Syd finally came home, I decided she was going to be in "boot camp" with me, and I was going to control everything in her environment. I dug out my copy of Scaredy Dog, blew off the dust, and started re-reading.

No comments: