Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, New Committment

I've been very dedicated to trying to help Syd get over her reactivity. But I've also avoided taking her places, not wanting to push her beyond her comfort zone. I decided that it was time to start adding more distractions and possible stress into her routine. She's so smart, and follows the program so well, it's time to step up our game.

Conformation classes start again next week, and agility class begins on the 10th. Syd has been several times to both of these buildings, and feels comfortable there. We'll see how it goes, and if it's too much, we'll back off. She loves the agility center, so I am hopeful that she already has lots of good experiences associated there, and the small class setting (just 4 dogs) is OK for her.

Oh, and I can also report that I am now sporting an Xpen in my living room because everyone needs a 4 x 4 Xpen with lid to make the house really sparkle. :-) But, I wanted Syd to graduate from being crated in the kitchen out of the way of all the commotion. So, now she can be in her Xpen, able to stretch her legs a bit more, and be more a part of the family.

No comments: